(Last updated 29/11/2012) Registering for an account and/or using
this website bounds you to the
A user's actions that are contrary to the rules of the following list may result in the removal of files owned by the user and/or warning(s) to the user and/or account
termination of the user's account and/or a report to the internet service provider of the user:
Instead, these actions ensure that your account and its associated files remain on
Host-A for the lifetime of the site, and are encouraged:
- A user is prohibited from uploading any file that contains copyrighted content that the user does
not own the copyright to
- Multiple accounts are disallowed
- Users are prohibited from utilizing the service for the purpose of
disrupting users (ex. DOS attacks)
- No illegal files, including, but not limited to kiddie
porn, cracks, keygens, viruses, serials, trojans, or ANY encrypted content
- No adult files: ex. pornography
- You may not use another person's email address to register
- You may not use a false email address to register
- Use this service for the sharing of your own creations
- Use this service for personal file storage
- Use this service to download other people's creations
Privacy and security:
- Even though Host-A Hosting is known for having great uptime and reliability,
unforseen events such as natural disasters, hardware failure, human error, and terrorism
can cause Host-A's main server to go offline. In any of the preceding events, or any other
event that renders Host-A inaccessible to the majority of the internet, reasonable efforts
are made by the Host-A's administrators to bring Host-A back online as soon as
- Files downloaded from Host-A.net or any of its mirrors should never be considered
safe. Please exercise proper care and caution with downloaded files - just like any other
unknown file on the internet. If you find that the file breaks anything in the 'do
not' section above, please report the file using the "Report It" link on the download
page of the file.
- While some pages use HTTPS for connections there may be issues with the implementation and any communications your computer or other internet
enabled device makes with Host-A.net and any of its mirror servers can potentially be seen. Please be careful when interacting with the site.
- Files marked as private and/or password protected are subject to the same
unencrypted upload as non-private and password unprotected files. All files,
including password protected and private files, are stored on the main server and mirror
servers on an unencrypted file system, just like all other files.
- The email address we collect for the creation of a new account is
used exclusively to
send you a welcome email, a password reset link (in case you forget your password) and to
contact you regarding any file complaints you have recieved. Our server will send you no
other email. Additionally, your email is kept private and will not be sold or given to
give your account password to anyone, even if requested by anyone who appears to have
authority. It is possible for someone to fake an email, and therefore any email appearing
to be from us that requests any part of your account information should be discarded
and ignored. We never send out emails asking for account information, since we have
- As a user, you agree to NOT upload any encrypted content, our "Private/Password"
protection is more than enough. Any files found with encryption will be automatically deleted.
If the content is suspicious we reserve the right to notify authorities. Please do not upload encrypted
archives, or any such media. If you need military-grade encryption, please join the army.
- Bandwidth purchased through the 'paid service' is not permanent or recurring.
- The 'for life' storage space offered here is limited to the lifetime of Host-A.
If Host-A were to go offline, refunds may be made.
- We can offer for life storage space because of the nature of our operations: we
run our own equipment and servers from a business-grade internet connection. A small portion of the one-time fee
covers the cost to store your files across our multiple hard drives, and the rest is an insurance fee that covers
future hard drive replacement. By the time that the remaining insurance fee is used up, the price of hard drives will
have fallen so much that the space you had purchased will cost near nothing to maintain.
- Any paid service that is ordered, and payment is not received within a reasonable
amount of time, we will remove the service from your account. (See the upgrade
- If you fail to pay for a storage space upgrade, and you have uploaded files
utilizing this space, we reserve the right to remove enough files to reclaim our